"We hope you enjoy our website which provides a real insight into life at Drayton Manor and the tremendous achievements of our students and staff."
Sir Pritpal Singh
Drayton Manor High School opened in November 1930 as a traditional grammar school inspired by the Public Schools of the 19th century and by the Education Act of 1902. The school building was built on the site of Hanwell Park House, land that was then owned by the local historian Sir Montagu Sharpe.
After the Second World War, as teachers returned from the services, the new ideas of the Education Act for 1944 gave rise to a feeling for a better system of education for all and this was the start of a major expansion of the school which lasted until 1974. Soon afterwards, the school became a comprehensive school.
The school will celebrate its 83rd anniversary in November 2013.
Click on the Good Ofsted Outstanding
Schools Guide logo Report May 2012
to read the article
on the school